Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ding Changes Gears

I don't play World of Warcraft, but I have a couple of friends who do. I know a little bit about the lingo from them--the tanks and shamans, the DPS, the drawing of aggro. Some of my friends even try to get me to play World of Warcraft. But then I look at what a huge presence it is in their lives, and I tell them: "Thanks, but no. I don't want to commit that much of my time to something that's going to dominate my life like WoW will. Now hold on a second, I've got to see if Dr. McNinja and Penny Arcade have updated today."

It's not exactly the newest of news, but Scott Kurtz's WoW-based comic, Ding, recently made a switch from chronicling the in-game exploits of the PVP cast to chronicling the in-game exploits of...you. Readers can email Kurtz their stories, which he will then render in comic form. Today I stopped by the Ding site, and it turns out that the first of these stories went up about a week ago.

And I actually chuckled out loud at it! It's kind of an amusing story, even if you've never played WoW yourself. You know what kind of comics you like--you can decide for yourself whether you'd like to check it out.

No comments: