Friday, August 15, 2008

Welcome back for another week-in-review installment of TWIW.

This morning, as I got up and began making the webcomic-reading rounds, my visit to Sinfest was met with this ominous portent. Does this mean the end of Sinfest? I gotta say, I hope not. I suppose we'll all find out tomorrow, but in the meantime, if you've got any insights, please do share them. I'm perplexed here.

(UPDATE: It's Saturday now, and Sinfest continues as usual. I'm relieved, but I also feel kind of silly. Oh well.)

More big news: Dr. McNinja is now in...well, I won't give away the big surprise. Suffice it to say that the awesome adventures of the good doctor will henceforth be even more awesome. Just ask yourself what could possibly make the presentation of this comic even more awesome, and you may even guess what the big change is. Did I mention that it's awesome? It's awesome.

Also awesome is Penny Arcade's latest project. I greatly enjoyed the first two installments in the Fallout computer game series, a tactical RPG series taking place in a retro-styled post-apocalyptic future, so it's a nice treat when webcomics make reference to them. Obviously, then, I was delighted to learn that Penny Arcade is collaborating with Bethesda Software to bring us illustrated Fallout ridiculousness! They've taken the concept of Fallout's Vaults as sociological experiments, put a hilarious spin on it, and now they are delivering on their premise. In fact, they are delivering it every Wednesday. I can't believe I have to wait 'til Wednesday for the next one!

On a related note, Monday's Penny Arcade was one of the funniest I've read in a long time.

And as long as we're flashing back, this is not the most recent Rob and Elliot comic, but I found it exceptionally funny. It features a freshly-squeezed spin on the classic "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" gag, plus a subtle and implied parody of the Kool-Aid Man. Furthermore, it includes an appearance by the second-funniest land mammal. No, it's not a bear! Bears are the third-funniest land mammal. Get with the program.

For our final exhibit, the most recent Joe Loves Crappy Movies strip demonstrates the power of economy of language in a comic strip. Brevity truly is the soul of wit! And on that note, it's time to cut this entry short.

I bid you adieu, dear readers. Until next week!

No comments: