Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How You Read Webcomics

I have a handful of comics that I read regularly; you may well have a good idea of which ones they are, given the frequency with which I mention them. Additionally, I enjoy discovering a new comic and rampaging through the archives, or researching an unfamiliar comic for a review. Sometimes I'll trawl through the archives of a comic I already read regularly, just because it's so much fun to revisit. My point is, there are a lot of different ways to read a comic.

Which brings us to our current poll, which you can vote in at the top of the page. There are a lot of different ways to read webcomics, and as always I'm interested in how you approach your favorites. The three options above may not cover how you most enjoy catching up with your comics of choice; if that's the case, drop a comment and get qualitative on me. I'm looking forward to hearing more about how you read.

Return to top & take the poll!

3 comments:

DJ Trousdale said...

I am horribly lazy. I prefer comics with gags and short storylines, and don't care much for epics that I would have to read tons of updates for just to understand the most recent update.

Aoede said...

I hate waiting. I keep up with updates out of love :P

And I like rereading -- usually I'll discover something I hadn't noticed before -- which applies to both books and webcomisc.

Sara said...

I read all of my webcomics on google reader. I will admit to being way to lazy to remember to go to a comic's website, so if they don't have an RSS feed I tend to forget about it, even if it is a good comic. When I discover a new one I will sometimes read through all of the archives, but usually only when I am procrastinating on something else I should be doing.